The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Sunday 21 October 2012

I Am The Wind

I had the most appalling wind this evening, but thankfully I'd blown it all out before my guest arrived. Adam Clarkson (Red Bear) came in to play a couple of songs and talk about his upcoming gigs, including the final Captain Dangerous show of the year next Sunday as part of the Branch Out Festival. Next week's show will be a pre-record for this reason.



9pm-10pm

Lesley Holmes 'He Played The Ukulele As The Ship Went Down'
Brian Fahey Orchestra 'At The Sign Of The Swinging Cymbal'
Reel Big Fish 'Monkey Man'
Jake Bugg 'Lightning Bolt'
Jake Bugg 'Saffron'
Bob Dylan 'Subterranian Homesick Blues'
The Animal Jack Band 'I Can't Strip My Lambretta Down In The Kitchen'
Captain Dangerous 'Everything Beautiful Reminds Me Of You'
Redbear 'Gather All The Animals' (live)
             'Merrow Song' (live)
Captain Dangerous 'Forgive Us We're British'

STEVE'S BIG BAG FULL OF BOWIE: (only time for two this week)
Station To Station
TVC15

10pm-11pm

Theme from Happy Days
The Who 'Magic Bus'
The Madeline Rust 'When The Sugar Dies' (live at The Maze)
Dog Is Dead 'Hands Down'
Jerry Reed 'She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft)'
The Levellers 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'
Dead Kennedys 'Pull My Strings'
Derrick Harriot 'Monkey Ska'
Captain Dangerous 'Be Careful Who You Lend Your Heart To'
                            'Cheerio'
Calling All Astronauts 'What's So Good About'
Sleaford Mods 'Five Pound Sixty'
The Smears 'Rise Of The Liars'
Will Jeffery 'The Beasts'
Practical Lovers 'Textbook Romance'