The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Sunday 23 September 2012

The Penny-ultimate

Penny broke the news to me tonight, as soon as she uttered the words "I need to talk to you", I knew. It was the same "I need to talk to you" tone of voice that you use to dump someone. I'll be sad to see Penny go as she made a big improvement to the show when it was in danger of jumping the shark, but having given some thought to the situation, I am looking forward to the challenge of doing it alone.

9pm-10pm

Brian Fahey Orchestra 'At The Sign Of The Swinging Cymbals'
Elsie and Doris Waters 'Please Leave My Butter Alone'
Snuff 'I Will Survive'
Roxanne De Bastion 'Red And White Blood Cells'
Sham 69 'You're A Better Man Than I'
Damn Vandals 'This Amazing'
Damn Vandals 'Trouble With Jesus'
PJ Harvey 'Let England Shake'
Porcupine Time 'Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here'

STEVE'S BIG BAG FULL OF BOWIE:
Repetition
Fantastic Voyage
Sweet Thing

10pm-11pm

Charlie Drake 'I've Lost The End Of My Yodel'
Fields Of Nephilin 'Mourning Sun'

PENNY'S BLUEGRASS JAMBOREE:
The Best Of Bluegrass 'Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms'
JD Crowe And The New South 'Flint Hill Special'
New Generation Bluegrass 'Three Rusty Nails'

New Order 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' (Live at Festival Number 6)
The Procession 'Stopping Time'

NOTTINGHAM 3:
Fresh Eyes For The Dead Guy 'Blue Harbour'
Baby Godzilla 'Power Boat Disaster'
Georgie Rose 'Retribution'