The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 13 August 2012

One Dog, No Listeners

We didn't have the audience we have become accustomed to tonight, and it was hard going doing the show with that in mind. The Olympic closing ceremony blasted us out of the water, so I recommend a visit to our mixcloud to put things right.Sam, the Trent Sound dog, also came in to see us. Penny became a cooing mess for a while but we managed to pull it back. I have to admit he is adorable.

9pm-10pm
Brian Fahey Orchestra 'At The Sign Of The Swinging Cymbal'
Max Miller 'La-De-Da'
Cypress Hill and Slash 'Paradise City'
Green Day 'I Fought The Law'
Jim Bob 'Mr Blue Sky'
Elbow 'On A Day Like This' (the recording on mixcloud starts at this song for some reason, so you don't miss the joke that I wrote in about 2004 and have used ever since. Penny thought it was funny, but my girlfriend Mandi pointed out that she hasn't heard it a million times. Also, we played this before the BBC played it during the ceremony).
Frank Zappa 'Muffin Man'
The Gonads 'I Lost My Love To A UK Sub'
Toy Dolls 'There's A Trollop Up Elmwood Street'
Them Crooked Vultures 'New Fang'

STEVE'S BIG BAG FULL OF BOWIE:
The Gospel According To Tony Day
Take My Tip (Davey Jones And The Mannish Boys)
And I Say To Myself (David Bowie And The Lower Third)

10pm-11pm
Monty Python 'The Money Song'
At Vance 'Money Money Money'

PENNY'S BLUEGRASS JAMBOREE:
Seven Little Sisters 'Where The Wind Blows'
Sarah Jaroz 'Come On Up To The House'
Alison Krauss And The Union State 'Choctaw Hayride'

Susanna And The Magic Orchestra 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'*
Bull Moose Jackson 'Big Ten Inch'
Eighty Eight 'BS I Love You'
John Frusciante 'Unreachable'
Desire 'Under Your Spell'

NOTTINGHAM THREE:
Jake Bugg 'Lightening Bolt'
Riff Bastard 'Doom With A View'
The Afterdark Movement 'Made In Britain'

*It isn't a feature!

This show was followed by my documentary about David Bowie's album The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, you can hear that here.