The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 9 July 2012

Yourspace Or Mine?

The top picture was randomly taken from Penny's Myspace site, and the one below it is my very first Myspace profile picture. The conversation started because one of Penny's song choices, 'Step Into My World' by Hurricane #1, was her profile song. I asked one on air if it still existed and Penny didn't know. During the song I did a quick search and found Penny's defunct Myspace page. She hasn't touched it for about four years, which I think is about average. I was quite late abandoning Myspace, and went the whole hog and deleted it completely. I threw out the question of when was the last time you logged in to Myspace, and the most recent answer was two years! It is hard to believe that once upon a time it was the only social networking site, in my opinion it was always the best and would still be if they hadn't changed it around.

9pm-10pm
Brian Fahey and his Orchestra 'At The Sign Of The Swinging Cymbals'
Harry Champion 'At The End Of My Old Cigar'
Pop Will Eat Itself 'Can You Dig It'
The Quarrymen 'In Spite Of All The Danger'
The Willowz 'Something'
Hurricane #1 'Step Into My World'
Dr Hook 'Cover Of Rolling Stone'
David Bowie and The Lower Third 'I'm Not Losing Sleep'
The Pastels 'Baby Honey'
The Tyde 'Psychedelic Pill'
Galaxie 500 'Don't Let Your Youth Go To Waste'
Marillion 'Kayleigh' (this week's dad rock classic)

10pm-11pm
Avenue Q cast 'It Sucks To Be Me'
Cream 'Sunshine Of Your Love'
Pond 'Moth Wings'
TSAR 'Calling All Destroyers'
Vaccines 'No Hope'
White Denim 'Shake Shake Shake'
Smashing Pumpkins 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'

NOTTINGHAM THREE:
Harleighblu 'Casanova'
Manieres Des Bohemians 'Romanian Train Song'
Sleaford Mods 'Showboat'

11pm-12am
PENNY'S BLUEGRASS JAMBOREE:
Kitty Wells 'It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels'
Chubby Wise 'Peacock Pig'
Doc Watson 'Peach Picking Time In Georgia'

Calling All Astronauts 'Someone Like You' and 'Winter Of Discontent'
Chuck Berry 'Memphis'
Cryogenics 'You Will Never Know'
Davie Jones and The King Bees 'Louie Louie Go Home' (that's David Bowie in one of his earlier guises. This song is doubly interesting as it was written by Paul Revere as a sequel to 'Louie Louie', I should have played it while I was still doing Louie Smells Like Rock and Roll.

Forever Never 'We Close Our Eyes'
Camera Obscura 'French Navy'
Proper English Gentlemen 'Friend Of A Friend'
The Cult Of Dom Keller 'Worlds'