The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 16 July 2012

The Swear Box Is Filling Up

A very strange show tonight, I didn't have the motivation to begin with and felt as if I wasn't firing on all cylinders and had left my best fight in the gym, to mangle two expressions together. Penny has taken part in a fifty mile cycle ride today for charity, (sponsor her here) and was rather giddy. I found it a struggle for some reason, even though we had a guest; Darren Patterson from Nottingham Live, who is writing about the station. During the final hour of the show, which is confusingly recorded before the first two hours are broadcast live, Penny told me to fuck off. During the live show, Andy was refreshing the computer system from his office, and I couldn't control the studio PC. During a song, I forgot to switch the microphone off before complaining that Andy was 'fuck-arsing' around with the computers.

9pm-10pm
Queen 'Bicycle Race'
Brian Fahey Orchestra 'At The Sign Of The Swinging Cymbals'
Mike and Bernie Winters 'Batman'
The Jam 'Batman'
The Bodysnatchers 'Ruder Than You'
Band Of Horses 'Is There A Ghost'
Future Island 'Long Flight'
Butthole Surfers 'Who Was In My Room Last Night?'
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci 'Hush The Warmth'
The Clash 'I'm So Bored'
The Beatles 'Come Together'
Dire Straits 'Money For Nothing'

NB- Dire Straits was this week's 'dad rock classic'. Although I started the feature as a 'guilty pleasure' slot in which I could ironically enjoy woefully uncool songs. This has backfired a bit, as tonight's show proved as myself, Penny, and Darren were all sat in the studio singing along.

10pm-11pm
Peter Sellers 'A Hard Days Night'
Eric B and Rakim 'Paid In Full'
Chris Cornell 'When I'm Down'
Sleaford Mods 'Five Pound Sixty'
Gene Vincent 'Race With The Devil'
Tommy Steele 'Singing The Blues'
David Bowie 'When I Live My Dream'
The Shivers 'Kisses'
Super Furry Animals 'God Show Me The Magic'
Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams'

NOTTINGHAM THREE:
Royal Gala 'Blue Rinse'
Adam Peter Smith 'Already Here'
Ronika 'Clock'

11pm-12am
PENNY'S BLUEGRASS JAMBOREE:
Chris Reeve 'Fortune Favours The Brave'
Issac Moore 'White Oak'
Kruger Brothers 'Down In The Willow Garden'

Blondie 'Louie Louie' (for some reason I didn't play this during the run of Louie Smells Like Rock and Roll)
Soup Dragons 'Mother Universe'
Adam And The Ants 'King Of The Wild Frontier'
Passion Pit 'Little Secret'
She Keeps Bees 'Gimme'
Imelda May 'All For You'
The Big Bopper 'Little Red Riding Hood'
Nine Inch Nails 'Closer'