The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 16 January 2012

Discombobulated

Another solo outing, hopefully my last one as I think Erik is back next week. I travelled back to Nottingham from Teesside to do the show, and it took me a while to settle in. From arriving in Nottingham, having a shower and eating my tea I was then straight out the door and getting a tram to Bulwell for the show. I normally spend some time on a Sunday afternoon preparing, (honest), but I didn't get time. Luckily I arrive at the studio an hour before my show starts, so I had least had time to get some music together, make coffee and do some self promoting tweeting and face-booking (fifteen days into 2012 and I am still logging into facebook like it's 2008).

After a shaky start, as my brain wasn't really in gear, I got into the swing of it and produced a good quality two hours of music. When I'm doing the show alone there is more music and less talk.

Charles Penrose 'Two Lovely Black Eyes'
Calling All Astronauts 'Someone Like You'
The Specials 'Do The Dog'
Baby Godzilla 'Streamline Feline'
Dubwiser 'Ride Your Life Like A Bicycle'
The Hot Knives 'Turkey Stomp'
Jake Morley 'Many Fish To Fry'
Marc Reeves 'Holding On'
Half Man Half Biscuit 'Joy Division Oven Gloves'
Joy Division 'Heart And Soul'
Will Jeffrey 'The Day Off'
Earthprayer 'Prophet'
Forever Never 'The World'
Tommy Cooper 'Don't Jump Off The Roof Dad'
Dead Kennedys 'Holiday In Cambodia'
New Order 'Blue Monday'
Suede 'Animal Nitrate'
Depeche Mode 'I Feel You'
Tsunami Bomb 'No One's Looking'
Tenpole Tudor 'Swords Of A Thousand Men'
Tears For Fears 'Sowing The Seeds Of Love'
The Frank And Walters 'After All'
Fighting Evil Is Cool 'The Hobo Song'
The Ska-Dows 'Apache'
Morrissey 'Certain People I Know'
Audio Karate 'Senior Year'
Anti-Freeze 'Birthday Weekend'

No comments:

Post a Comment