The Sunday Alternative is a free podcast made for the love of discovering and sharing new music. I do it for free and am happy to do so. However, if you have enjoyed it then please do consider making a donation using this PayPal button. This will enable me to continue with this podcast and also to make other free entertainment, both in the fields of music and comedy, which I will make freely available online.

There is of course no obligation, but many thanks in advance if you do.

If everyone who hit this podcast paid one pound a month it would make a massive difference.

Monday 3 October 2011

Show 4

Flying solo tonight, without a live music session or a guest co-host. A guy called Liam came in to have a look round, he'd emailed me to ask about getting into radio so I invited him along. Despite advertising this show tonight as a solo, I did chat to Liam on mic, as he is looking for a band. He also took control of the desk to see what a piece of piss this radio lark is.

George Robey 'What Was There Was Good' (down with the kids, me)
Dion 'Runaround Sue'
Obsessive Compulsive 'A Cocktail Of Toxins'
Story Is Over 'Finding The Way Home'
Captain Dangerous 'Everything Beautiful Reminds Me Of You' (taken from The Oliver Sessions, watch the video here )
Nirvana 'Lithium'
Weird Al 'Smells Like Nirvana'
Eddie And The Hot Rods 'Do Anything You Wanna Do'
Joy Division 'Atrocity Exhibition'
Krissy Matthews 'When Times Were Hard'
Jimmy The Squirrel 'How I Go'
Golden Troubadours 'Sunshine Eyes'
George Harrison 'My Sweet Lord'
The Lancashire Hotpots 'You Could Get Hit By A Bus Tomorrow'
Alex Blood And The Diggers 'Manifesto'
Skeleton Crew 'How Come I'm Never Around'
Allotment Dogs '1 Thousand Words'
Jake Morley 'Freddie Laid The Smackdown' (version taken from The Oliver Sessions, watch the video here)
The Sights 'That's Rock 'n' Roll'
Rebel Territory 'On The Rock n' Roll'
'Falling For You'
Twikki 'A Home And A Family Waiting'
Humphrey Ocean 'Whoops-A-Daisy'

As a tribute to David Croft, I ended with the following television themes:
Allo Allo
Hi-De-Hi
Dad's Army